[cisco-voip] iLBC Transcoder... FORCE ILBC for some calls???

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Apr 21 14:15:00 EDT 2010

In order to force a codec you have to route the call through a device that only supports said codec.  In your case both the 6608 and the phone support g.729 so that is what CUCM is negotiating.   Since you can't disable g.729 support on the phone you would need to somehow route the call through and intermediate device that only supports ilbc (for the phone leg) and then engage a transcoder to convert the ilbc to g.711 going to the 6608.

Remember the Region setting is just the max bandwidth for calls.  Any codec less than (or equal to) the max and supported by all parties will be allowed.

-Ryan