[cisco-voip] User Inadvertently Reaches Intercom

David Zhars dzhars at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 08:51:43 EDT 2010

I setup an intercom attachment to an FXS port.  This morning, one of my
users placed a phone call and we heard the whole thing over the
intercomm...Is it my setup?

The 2801 with FXS is in H323 mode, here's the portion for the intercom code
(we want people to dial *34 for the intercom):

dial-peer voice 55 pots
 description Paging for Fire
 destination-pattern *34
 port 0/2/0
 forward-digits all

In CCM (4.1(3)) under Route Pattern, there is a box that says "Provide
Outside Dial tone" and that has a check mark in it.  Is there anyway this
could be setup that if you dial the overhead, we also let you dial a number
and keep it going over the intercom?

How would I trace what she did do in CCM?  I think I have to wait until the
next day because CCM won't finalize the database update until the next day
(it's been a while since I've had to do one of these!)

Thanks to anyone who can offer some insight.