[cisco-voip] User Inadvertently Reaches Intercom

David Zhars dzhars at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 14:36:58 EDT 2010

Still getting more info from my user.  Here is what she said happened
(twice!):

She goes to dial the cell phone person.  Presses 9 so she can have an
outbound line.  The person's cell is fairly innocuous, no 3 and 4 together,
in fact there is no 4 in the number.  Once she dials the # she gets  this
sort of automated voice that says "Per this subscriber's request this phone
cannot accept any incoming calls.  Reference # MA95285".  She then hears a
beep.  Thinking this is the answering machine of the cell phone, she starts
talking, and that's when it starts going over the intercom.

I have to believe that it is the cell phone that (perhaps since it won't
accept any incoming calls) is being forwarded or is itself dialing a *34
code, and we pick it up.

I just dialed the person's cell # and the person on the other end picked
right up.  So I didn't even get the message about "not accepting incoming
calls".

The crosstalk thing has some merit, but like Peter says, it would seem like
I would be having a whole lot more complaints if that was the cause.  Plus
my user made other calls to cell phones and POTS people and none of those
went over the intercom.  I have checked my end user's phone and under
"recently placed calls" I can see the cell # called, there are no *34's
anywhere in there.  I am going to try and do a CDR report tonight and see if
that shows anything.