[cisco-voip] User Inadvertently Reaches Intercom

David Zhars dzhars at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 19:31:19 EDT 2010

I never noticed those dial peers pointing to the 0/2/x ports.  Interesting,
since NONE of the 0/2/x ports have ever been active.  Only recently did I
turn on 0/2/0 for the paging system.  I think you're right.  My limited
understanding then says if someone is dialing out on the PRI and an error
occurs (for whatever reason), the 2801 will send the call out 0/2/0 as
currently configured, which would cause the overhead page to activate.

Really strange config the more I look at it!  It would make more sense to
route the call out 0/1/x as those are connected to POTS lines.

Thanks everyone!

David