[cisco-voip] Cell Phone Call Treatment Different than Landline

Tkachuk,Birni birnit at nait.ca
Tue Apr 27 12:40:32 EDT 2010

We have a campus set up in a different city than our Call Manager (version 6.1.4) with a Voice Router and PRI Service for local calling.  We have Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging for all of our staff which works great except at this remote campus.  When a cell phone call is received the call is routed to Exchange voicemail after 4 rings or on a busy.  When a landline call is received it will ring no answer but never route to voicemail.  If we call forward the phone line to voicemail the landline caller will hear a fast busy but the cell phone caller will go immediately to the voicemail.  Why would a cell phone receive different call treatment than a landline?

Birni Tkachuk
Network Services
Department of Information Services
NAIT