[cisco-voip] Voice PRI adding fax via Brooktrout SR140 FOIP Software

Michael Muscat michaelm at umcu.org
Mon Aug 2 22:30:02 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I currently have a Cisco 2811 Router running IOS (C2800NM-IPVOICEK9-M),
Version 12.4(11)T2.  My setup is for outgoing voice calls only via a PRI
through CUCM7. I am thinking about adding GFI faxmaker which uses the
Brooktrout SR140 FOIP Software and want to utilize my existing outgoing
voice PRI to fax over.  I'm not sure if this is possible but the
directions I received for adding the fax portion isn't being allowed
because of the way my T1 controller is configured.  I would like to find
a way for voice to use most of the channels and faxing to use 2-4 of the
channels.  Any insight would be great.  Below is what my config is and
what they request it to be.  When I change it to what they want I no
longer can make voice calls.  I guess what I need is to setup my PRI as
a DS0 group but still add a configuration somewhere to allow voice to be
used.  My main goal is to have timeslots 1-20 be used for the Voice PRI
and 21-24 be used for DID based faxing.  I am very proficient with CUCM
but am lacking router expertise for this project.

Current working voice only config:

controller T1 0/2/0

 framing esf

 clock source line primary

 linecode b8zs

 pri-group timeslots 1-24

interface Serial0/2/0:23

 no ip address

 encapsulation hdlc

 isdn switch-type primary-ni

 isdn incoming-voice voice

 no cdp enable

voice-port 0/2/0:23

changes requested by Dialogic documentation:

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

cablelength short 133

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-wink-start dtmf dnis

description E&M Wink Start T1-RBS

Thanks

Michael Muscat

Network Systems Analyst