[cisco-voip] CUCM 6.1.3 DB issues

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Aug 3 11:09:11 EDT 2010

db locks will not really show up in trace files.  locks happen every
time there is any attempted update to database.  debugs for locks in an
active database would be like 'debug all' on a router that is actively
routing packets.

With that version you already have the fix for this lock issue.

Other causes:
* a BAT update or AXL update running in the background locking the
table. BAT appears to be a *major* offender on locking the table. This
changed with "CSCsx48837     BAT upload error message" so BAT uses dirty
reads rather than locking the table. Fixed in 7.1(2) and later.
* deleting a user with a large number of devices associated
"CSCtc52250    Deleting End user Causing DB to go into DDR Block". This
is doc change only recommending to dissociate devices before deleting user.

/Wes