[cisco-voip] Carrier routing issue?

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Aug 5 10:36:59 EDT 2010

"occur as things are starting to get busy on the trunks"

This raises concern about glare conditions.  Not sure if your CO will
continue hunting when a glare condition occurs.  This gets into very
specific implementation details of the ISDN stack in both the CO and CPE
equipment.  I've also seen ISDN protocol mismatches exacerbate this. At
the simplest, verify b-channels remain in service. After that we need to
carefully review d-channel signaling.

To look for further information I would start with review of CDR's on
CM.  If inbound call fails for any abnormal reason it should be logged
in CDR.

After that it may be useful to review CDR's from the IOS gateway itself.
These come out in a slightly different format. "Show call history voice"
may also be useful.

If all of those fail then setup CM trace archive and archive CM SDI and
SDL traces through your busy hours.  It is possible to parse those and
identify all calls.

Of couse, if the call is being dropped in the CO before any signaling to
the CPE then we will not see any mention in our gear.

/Wes