[cisco-voip] PRI Issues

Monica Hardy Monica.Hardy at openwave.com
Thu Aug 5 10:54:24 EDT 2010

So far my understanding is when the call comes in and then back out the
same PRI is when I have seen the issue.

Did a little bit more testing yesterday and took out the setting on one
PRI where the issue has happened under the Incoming Calling Party
settings:

Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix took out 91  (again on the
other gateway with 2 PRI's it is configured this way with no issues).

it seems to work, but in my limited amount of testing I could not get
the incoming and outgoing call to be on the same gateway to have a true
test

of where it failed the most.  For this test we did setup another Route
Pattern and put in a Called Party Transform Mask on the RP.

I think at this point I need to just take a downtime with things they
way they normally would be and do some more testing because our results
keep changing in doing these tests and trying to do they without causing
any issues.

But I do know for a fact the failure always happens on one gateway.  It
seems to be just one PRI on this gateway, but need more testing to be
sure.

When the setting is changed to Originator for calling Party selection,
this is what I see.  The call comes in fine, but then in the CF the
Calling Party Number puts a 91 and then the number which changes the
Plan type to National when the number is CF to a international number so
the call fails.

Thanks for everyone's help.  I will update you all when I figure out
what the problem is.

-Monica