[cisco-voip] CallManager 4.2 upgrade to 8.x on UCS

Rhodes, Geoff GRhodes at rbh.com
Thu Aug 5 16:28:55 EDT 2010

I agree with you, Jim.  We love our VMWare cluster.  I would have to say
VMWare has had the biggest impact on our IT demands, second only to our
NetApp SAN.  Two great changes to the way we used to have to run the
backend stuff.

We actually did a comparable quote using MCS boxes instead of the UCS,
but it was actually MORE EXPENSIVE..  Go figure.

I think we will end up putting the CM Pub, Sub, Unity and Presence all
on UCS, and moving the VMs around as we need to.  If we run into
problems, we can easily VMotion VMs around so that we troubleshoot
issues while having CM on its own blade.

- geoff