[cisco-voip] UCCX 2 second delay step

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Aug 10 17:05:25 EDT 2010

Before the accept step is usually done to make CTI apps play nice with Unity or other AA services that are transferring calls into IPCC.  Unity doing a release to switch (ie blind transfer) into IPCC more often than not causes timing issues when IPCC tries to redirect a call from a CTI RP to a CTI Port at the same time Unity is completing the transfer.

UC actually has the ability to slow down how fast it transfers calls, which is another way to mitigate this issue.

I'm not sure what doing it after the Accept step would get you, since I think (with UCCX) that the Accept step actually takes care of redirecting the call to a media port.  My IPCCX knowledge pretty much stopped back in the CRS days so somebody else may want to correct me on that part.

-Ryan