[cisco-voip] Monitor Voicemail Port Utilization

Mike King me at mpking.com
Tue Aug 10 21:34:25 EDT 2010

I'm trying to figure out what my options are for monitoring Voicemail
Port Utilization on our Cisco Unity Connection 7.1 server.

I'm looking to setup some long term reports.

RTMT looks great, but It doesn't seem to be historical, just point in time.

I've been looking for a SNMP OID i can monitor, but it doesn't look
like one exists...   The best I can find is:

Object ID:  1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.385.1.1.2.1.11
Instance:  0
Label:  iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoUnityMIB.ciscoUnityMIBObjects.ciscoUnityGeneralInfo.ciscoUnityPortTable.ciscoUnityPortEntry.ciscoUnityPortActivity
Type:  Octet String
Access:  Read Only
The port activity of the voice mail port. This value is available to
monitor port activity over time. The specific value of this object is
not as useful as monitoring for the changing of this value. During
normal operation this value should change several times during a call.
You can use this value to watch for abnormal operation that might
indicate a problem with this voice mail port. For example, if you
monitor this value and do not detect a change in value for a long time
(like 60 minutes) it could be an indication of a problem with that
voice mail port. There are other explanations as well so more
investigation on the server should be conducted before taking any
action with the voice mail port.

So any suggestions?  I'm really concerned that I'm bouncing off my port count.

Mike