[cisco-voip] 29xx routers and CCM 6.1?

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 16:58:23 EDT 2010

So here's the thing with this, which I know isn't really documented
anywhere(assuming MGCP):

Those pull downs for the routers and the cards are just for MGCP endpoint
formatting (to my knowledge, not a developer).

The format of AALN/S0/SU1/0@* fv* is a mixup of the platform and the cards
so CUCM can put the slot and subslot in the correct format.

In theory, if you just put in a 2800 in the same way you would a 2900, I
would expect this to work.  I can't think of any reasons on why CUCM would
keep a separate MGCP stack for each router.  If you look at some of the
older routers and cards there were not determinable, it actually had you
fill in the port/slots.

If you're talking SIP/H.323 the integration is so loose, I would not even
worry about the difference on the latest software.

-nick