[cisco-voip] One way talk path

Christopher Trown ctrown at uoregon.edu
Fri Aug 13 12:08:05 EDT 2010

On 8/12/2010 1:21 PM, Ed Leatherman wrote:
> Christopher, I would suggest investigating the network between the IP
> Phone and your 2921.. sounds like RTP packets are not getting from the
> Cisco IP Phone network to the 2921. Perhaps routing or an ACL is
> blocking those RTP packets.

     After sniffing traffic to see where frames were going, I figured
out the issue.

     A loopback address was added to the router in question.  The phones
then started sending their traffic to that address.  However, there was
an ACL in the way.

     There was another post about SPANning traffic yesterday that was
quite fortuitous in it's timing.  Made it easy.

     Thanks all.

Chris...