[cisco-voip] ISDN Signaling

Ted Nugent tednugent73 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 14:10:38 EDT 2010

If it is a nortel switch and they are telling you they are using National,
ni or ni1 then you need to set it to dms100. Some Nortel switches can speak
ni2 in which case use primary-ni but triple check that its actually ni2. I
have had this discussion with Bellsouth specifically until i was blue in the
face and eventually determined that what they were calling national was
actually nortel proprietary version of ni1 (not even a pri standard) and
Cisco calls that dms 100. just don't make assumptions.