[cisco-voip] Install CUCM 8.0(2c) in ESXi

Brian Schultz bms314 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 15:44:09 EDT 2010

Has anyone been able to install CUCM 8.0(2c) in ESXi for lab purposes?  I am
having a heck of a time trying to get this installed with the Cisco media.
I've tried on both ESXi 4.0 and 3.5.  Tried several variations of 72GB, 73GB
and 80GB hard drives.  Tried with 1 and 2 processors.  Also tried with RHEL
3, 4 and 5 (32 bit).  It typically makes it through the initial OS and
application install, and then goes to a blue screen with a blinking cursor
at the bottom and just sits there.  If I restart the VM at this point, it
goes through it's bootup, detects VMWare, installs VMWare Tools, then gives
an Installation Failed error stating 'The installation has failed and must
be restarted to recover from the failure'.

I've also tried deploying with the OVF template using the ova file from CCO,
same problem.  Last night, I let it sit at the blue screen overnight
thinking it just needed more time, same blue screen in the morning.

Just to clarify, it's not the typical Windows "blue screen", just a screen
of blue color with a blinking cursor at the bottom.

Thanks,
Brian