[cisco-voip] What controls bearer-cap?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 10:07:28 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Wes Sisk <wsisk at cisco.com> wrote:
> In that case the router may modify the bearer cap. You may need to use the
> new video PRI features in ISR's.
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t11/h320gw.html#wp1234629

That doesn't work.  I've got probably 7 or 8 TAC cases over the past 3
years (basically since day Feature+1) trying to get this to work, and
it never does.  TAC guys that I've worked with are great, but when
they ask me to change H.225 parameters on the endpoints that's when I
know that it's not ready for primetime.  (None of our endpoints have
any knobs that can be tweaked for that sort of stuff, and they "just
work" when they connect using either native ISDN or Codian 3241s,
so...)

> Otherwise, you may have applied the workaround for CUVA calls not working
> which forces the bearer cap?
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080569b65.shtml#topic2

Nope, not that:
voice-port 0/1/0:23
 translation-profile incoming Prepend_Sitecode
 no comfort-noise
!
voice-port 0/2/0:23
 translation-profile incoming Prepend_Sitecode
 no comfort-noise
!
voice-port 0/3/0:15
!
voice-port 2/0/0
!

0/3/0 is the cross-over PRI to the equipment, and it's showing a
correct bearer channel of Unrestricted Digital.  Both 0/1/0 and 0/2/0
make the call Speech on the outbound leg.