[cisco-voip] Phone echo

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Mon Aug 23 21:59:59 EDT 2010

This document fails to state that the number one cause of echo is bad phone load, what make/model phone/load are you using? Test changing load.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a0080149a1f.shtml

If you have a older 7940/60 it can generate a test tone that can be measured;
http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_IOS_Voice_Troubleshooting_and_Monitoring_--_Common_QoS_Problems#Measuring_Echo_in_Cisco_IOS_Gateways