[cisco-voip] sip dial peers to CCM

Matthew Loraditch MLoraditch at heliontechnologies.com
Thu Aug 26 08:19:44 EDT 2010

Is anyone using sip dial-peers to your CCM instead of H.323? We are adding a subscriber to a single server install we took over and the gateway was configured to use sip dial-peers instead of h.323 to send calls to CCM. For h.323 I know you just add another set of dial-peers with different preference settings and make sure your h225 timeout is set to 3 seconds. For sip  I have read that besides the dial-peers you should set invite retry to a lower value than 6 under sip-ua. What are people using? And anything else I should add to make sure the dial-peer failover works?

Thanks!

Matthew Loraditch, CCVP, CCNA, CCDA
1965 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093