[cisco-voip] Polycom SIP Phone Messages Button

Brian Schultz bms314 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 08:26:22 EDT 2010

I've got a CUCMBE 8.0(2)c system with a mix of Cisco and Polycom phones.
Most Polycom's are 501 SoundPoint models and are successfully registered as
SIP devices.  Dialing and normal call processing are working fine.  The only
issue is when the Messages button is pressed on the Polycom phones.  Instead
of going right to the users voicemail box and asking for a PIN number like
the Cisco phones do, it dials and you have to press * to get the prompt to
enter mailbox number and then PIN.  I can get into the web GUI for the
Polycom phones, but I don't see an obvious field that would prepend the
users extension when hitting the messages button.

Does anyone else use Polycom phones as a SIP device with their CUCM and have
the Messages button working like a Cisco phone would?

Thanks,
Brian