[cisco-voip] PRI Clocking

Jaquish, Bret Bret.Jaquish at Navistar.com
Fri Aug 27 10:56:55 EDT 2010

With a PRI terminating on the router and using onboard PVDMs you need to sync the TELCO line clock with the internal PLL (network-clock-participate).  This gets the router/pvdms in sync with the clock coming from the provider.  Then choose the failover order (network-clock-select).  This looks right on your side.

If the provider is saying they see clock slips, look at the T1 controller statistics.  You can verify the clock source also.

Show controller t1 */*/* brief

If there are clock slips, it should show it.

T1 0/0/0 is up.
  Applique type is Channelized T1
  Cablelength is long 0db
  No alarms detected.
  alarm-trigger is not set
  Soaking time: 3, Clearance time: 10
  AIS State:Clear  LOS State:Clear  LOF State:Clear
  Version info Firmware: 20090408, FPGA: 13, spm_count = 0
  Framing is ESF, FDL is ansi, Line Code is B8ZS, Clock Source is Line Independent.
  CRC Threshold is 320. Reported from firmware  is 320.
  Data in current interval (296 seconds elapsed):
     0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
     0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
     0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs
  Total Data (last 24 hours)