[cisco-voip] Echo Cancellation and 7911 Phone Loads

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Tue Aug 31 10:22:24 EDT 2010

Greetings,

Can someone confirm or deny my memory?  I recall reading that phone
loads for 7911 phones don't really contain echo cancellation
programming.  In looking now, I can't find much info on echo
cancellation in relation to different phone models/loads in general and
nothing on 7911s.

We have an office mostly full of 7911s recently complaining of talker
echo.  There are loads out on cisco.com newer than the ones we're using,
and while it's not hard to change phone loads, it would be pointless to
do it if the phone loads don't contain echo cancellation.

Any insight?

Thanks
jeff