[cisco-voip] 3 server cluster - Server roles

Nate VanMaren VanMarenNP at ldschurch.org
Tue Aug 31 11:50:41 EDT 2010

One of those servers can do 7500 phones, so it would be hard to push them too hard.

If it were me, I would
Dedicated Pub
SUB1:  Subscriber + TFTP + IP Voice Media Streaming with ALL phones registered, secondary tftp
SUB2:  Subscriber + TFTP + IP Voice Media Streaming Primary TFTP, and secondary call processing.

I don't like load balancing between failover pairs during normal operation because if one fails and you aren't used to seeing the full load, then you've got trouble.

-Nate