[cisco-voip] creating vs routing over ICTs

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Dec 2 10:57:00 EST 2010

When CM registers with GK it registers only the nodes that in the CM
group of the trunk device.  CM advertises an ephemeral port rather than
the standard h225 port (1720).

This means devices ARQ the GK, GK returns one of server1:port1,
server2:port2,server3:port3. When CM receives an h225 TCP session on
portN CM knows that calls is from GK so treats the call with the
properties configured for the GK device (CSS, etc.)

When CM receives an h225 session on 1720 it has to lookup the source IP
address to identify the proper treatment (CSS, etc.)

Some of this is discussed here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/srnd/3_1/vp31surv.html#wp1045036

/Wes