[cisco-voip] UCCX 5.01 upgrade to 7.01

Bill Riley bill at hitechconnection.net
Sat Dec 4 13:14:32 EST 2010

Thanks Ed. A few follow up questions.

·         When I fail over from the primary to the secondary what will the CAD see? Will they see an error?

·         Is there a way to stop new calls from connecting to the primary server and move to the secondary while the calls remaining on the primary are handled. In other words no dropped calls?

·         I want to make sure that the upgrade does not affect call processing on the secondary HA server. So as long as I can force the switchover from the primary to the secondary, and perform the upgrade on the primary without interrupting the active secondary server then I will not need to put it on an isolated server. I don’t have a maintenance window and we are 24x7.

·         So once I force the failover from the primary to the secondary the primary will not take back over unless the secondary is stopped correct?

·         I am going to delete the update program on the client PC’s so it will not auto update CAD when it connects to the new server. I know this is not supported but I did test it. I have about 200 PC’s I need to get to and update and they are not allowed to have local admin rights even to perform the upgrade.