[cisco-voip] 4.2 to 8 upgrade

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Dec 12 15:54:23 EST 2010

Hi,
>    What is up with Cisco's rapid version increases with CM?� My gawd, 4 years
>    ago we had 4.1, then 5 (seemed short lived),then 6 (didn't seem to be the
>    new guy on the block very long either), then 7 (which I was told would be
>    the one that was real stable and would hang around awhile).� Before I knew
>    it, we had 8, now we have 8.5!!!� Am I correct to assume there was no 8.1,
>    8.2, 8.3, 8.4??�
>    I wish they would slow down the versioning just a bit!

..you dealt with their wireless at all?  ;-)

I'm all for new versions that provide new features...but please give priority on the
bg fixing! I'd rather keep the older version and get bugs fixed(!) - instead, we
get new versions with new bugs.... and it certainly seems that noone at cisco
runs the software at all for bug checking from what bugs we see upon software
release (and the growing CSC/open caveat lists that come out after new releases!)

alan