[cisco-voip] CUCM Business Edition Upgrade

Richard Rolfe richard.rolfe at nscglobal.com
Mon Dec 13 15:05:18 EST 2010

Hi folks,

Can anyone clarify this for me please?

Situation: Customer has CUCMBE 7.1 with BE CUWL licenses.

Requirement: They now wish to upgrade to CUCM (i.e. separate servers) which is all fine.

Question: Do they need the SKU 'CUCM-BE-MIG' to achieve this? For the sake of convenience they are only looking to upgrade to CUCM 7.x and not up to 8.x at present. (even though they have UCSS).

At the moment I assume they do need this part code.

I know they need the obvious part codes such as the CUWL SKU's for taking the BE CUWL's up to Standard or Professional but I'm not sure about the CUCM-BE-MIG part code. They have been given conflicting messages. I've seen this requirement reference only systems with DLU's and not existing CUWL based BE licenses.

Many thanks in advance.

Richard