[cisco-voip] 4.2 to 8 upgrade and what licensing have to say

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 10:32:43 EST 2010

Is this a true statement?  I'm thinking it's not.

"you must have a license ... be able to upgrade normally to 8.x"

There is even a bridged upgrade feature, which lets you upgrade on
unsupported hardware, the service will never start, but you can then take a
backup, and restore onto supported hardware.

Unless you actually plan to run on 7x for a few days, then upgrade to 8x
later, I don't think you need a 7x license.  Just go from 4 to 7 to 8 in one
swoop, only licensing 8.

Anthony