[cisco-voip] 4.2 to 8 upgrade and what licensing have to say

Ahmed Elnagar ahmed_elnagar at rayacorp.com
Tue Dec 14 14:20:20 EST 2010

that would be cool.
do you have documents for the below?

-----Original Message-----
From: avholloway at gmail.com on behalf of Anthony Holloway
Sent: Tue 12/14/2010 5:32 PM
To: Ahmed Elnagar
Cc: Leslie Meade; voyp list
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] 4.2 to 8 upgrade and what licensing have to say

Is this a true statement?  I'm thinking it's not.

"you must have a license ... be able to upgrade normally to 8.x"

There is even a bridged upgrade feature, which lets you upgrade on
unsupported hardware, the service will never start, but you can then take a
backup, and restore onto supported hardware.

Unless you actually plan to run on 7x for a few days, then upgrade to 8x
later, I don't think you need a 7x license.  Just go from 4 to 7 to 8 in one
swoop, only licensing 8.

Anthony