[cisco-voip] ELAI Avaya Look Ahead with Cisco CUBE in between?

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 20:17:37 EST 2010

The real problem is that they return a 486 busy.  This can be a really bad
idea depending on how complex the dial plan is.  For instance, say numbers
1000-1999 are at PBX A, and 1500 goes to PBX B.  If you enable re-routing on
busy, then the more specific match is B, returns busy, and matches the less
specific route to A.  You could enable 'huntstop' on all the dial peers to
avoid this, or design the dial plan to have no more than 1 match for numbers
that should not re-route.

The recording I have no real good ideas for.  The only way to make a new
call is to put a loopback T1 on the router, where then it is doing TDM-SIP
conversion again.  Otherwise you're looking at a custom TCL application.

-nick