[cisco-voip] CCM Cluster Failover TImes

David Zhars dzhars at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 11:11:06 EST 2010

I am posing a scenario, that the Pub has just crashed.  Maybe the janitor
accidentally pulled the power cord, or a breaker has tripped and my battery
backup was dead and I didn't know it (these have happened to me before!)

It sounds like 8.5.1 (is Cisco up to 8.5.22 yet, heh heh, sorry my OT rant
about rapid version increases) has a real fast failover.  I understand it
depends a bit on the phones too, these are mostly 7940s and 7960s.

My understanding is that with an H.323 gateway, the call will stay up, and
the phone will reset once the call terminates (assume the call comes in on
an FXO port on the 2801).

Dave