[cisco-voip] UCCX Call Consult Transfer to PSTN with Carrier Long Distance Codes

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 18:47:22 EST 2010

Cisco VoIP Group,

I feel like I have reached a dead end on this one, but before I hammer the
last nail in the coffin, I wanted to run it by the group.

I have an IVR script that asks for a number to dial, and performs a call
consult transfer out to the PSTN.  If this number is a national call, the
carrier sends a tone to indicate that an LD code is required to complete the
call.

I have tried the CCT step with sending a valid LD code (even tried some
pauses), but I'm afraid it looks like the CCT step is actually waiting for
the called party to answer before it out pulses any digits.  Therefore the
step just fails to the Timeout branch, as no one has answered within the
timeout period.

More specifically, this is all that I see in the Q931 debugs for the call,
and I think UCCX is waiting on the CONNECT step (indirectly via CUCM of
course).

49w6d: ISDN Se0/0/1:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x7990
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA98397
                Exclusive, Channel 23
        Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '612XXXXXXX'
                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
        Called Party Number i = 0x80, '1212XXXXXXX'
                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
49w6d: ISDN Se0/0/1:23 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0xF990
        Channel ID i = 0xA98397
                Exclusive, Channel 23
49w6d: ISDN Se0/0/1:23 Q931: RX <- PROGRESS pd = 8  callref = 0xF990
        Progress Ind i = 0x8188 - In-band info or appropriate now available

Ideas?  Do I have this one understood?  Thanks.

Anthony