[cisco-voip] Odd issue - MGCP PRI and CUCM 8.0.3 - gateway doesn't show as registered but inbound calls work

Van Benschoten, Brian Brian.VanBenschoten at COREBTS.com
Thu Dec 23 16:10:13 EST 2010

Running CUCM-BE  8.0.3.21900-8
2921 with IOS 15.0(1)M1 with a single PRI.
Using CCM manager config download

The PRI is up.  from the gateway it thinks it's registered with CUCM and D channel is backhauled to CUCM.
Inbound calls from the PSTN work. They ring and connect to IP handsets.
But in the CUCM web interface the gateway (PRI interface) shows as unregistered.
Outbound calls appear to dial, give ring back to the IP handset but you never see ISDN signaling on the gateway.  No calls go out.

I've rebooted the gateway, etc.. reset the call manger etc..
it come back every time in the same state.  As unregistered but inbound calls work.
As a test I configured one of the un-used FXS ports on the gateway as MGCP as well. Same thing.  It works but doesn't show as registered.

any thoughts on this one.
I see a TAC case in my future.

_______________________________________
Brian Van Benschoten - CCIE # 5421