[cisco-voip] LDAP user issue with CUCM 7.1 and CUP 8

Michael Muscat michaelm at umcu.org
Thu Dec 30 09:06:31 EST 2010

Hi all,

Running CUCM 7.1 using LDAP for about 200 users.  I need to remove 1 user from CUCM and then resynch him via LDAP to fix some CUP(C) issues.  In order to remove him I need to remove LDAP, but I don't want to mess with any other users especially since they are all synched in Unity Connection as well.  Will removing LDAP delete all of the users?  When I attempt this it prompts that "You are about to permanently delete one or more Directory Configurations. This will delete all users form Cisco Unified Commications Manager that were synchronized by these configurations.  This action cannot be undone. Continue?

The issue with CUP(C) is the user isn't showing any deskphone association yet everything is setup properly for him.  Someone mentioned there may be something corrupt in the database for the user and that I should try to recreate the user.

Anyone know how to remove 1 LDAP user without screwing up the whole system?

Any help or insight is appreciated,

Mike Muscat
Network Systems Analyst