[cisco-voip] 7936 rebooting on 6500 Sup2 w/ IOS

Linsemier, Matthew MLinsemier at thedoctors.com
Thu Dec 30 11:33:46 EST 2010

Did you ever try disabling CDP on the switchport?  We had an issue with 7936’s doing the same thing and it turned out to be a bug with the 7936 firmware.  To resolve the problem we disabled CDP on that port and hardcoded the voice VLAN in the phone and the issue went away.  Just a workaround if you are looking for one.

Matt