[cisco-voip] Route List reset needed

Buchanan, James jbuchanan at presidio.com
Thu Dec 30 20:13:41 EST 2010

Resetting the route list does not affect calls in progress whatsoever because it doesn't reset the gateways. Resetting the H323 gateway would drop the call, and resetting an MGCP gateway if using ccm-manager config would drop a call in progress.

I have not observed the need to reset route lists for some time, probably since 7.1 at least. I used to see it all the time from 4.x - 6.x.

Thanks,

James Buchanan | Technology Manager, UC | South Region | Presidio Networked Solutions
12 Cadillac Dr, Suite 130, Brentwood, TN 37027 | jbuchanan at presidio.com<mailto:jbuchanan at ctiusa.com>