[cisco-voip] how to Change date / time in cisco IP Phone 7961

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Mon Feb 1 18:42:24 EST 2010

Use "ntp master" on the router to server up NTP, then reset your phones.
7961 use NTP, 7960 use clock, under telephony-server set your timezone
too -jason

Show ntp status

Show ntp association

SDCVWRT-5204-2#show ntp status

Clock is synchronized, stratum 8, reference is 127.127.1.1

nominal freq is 250.0000 Hz, actual freq is 250.0000 Hz, precision is
2**24

reference time is CF11E520.7F853A72 (18:41:20.498 EDT Mon Feb 1 2010)

clock offset is 0.0000 msec, root delay is 0.00 msec

root dispersion is 0.00 msec, peer dispersion is 0.00 msec

loopfilter state is 'CTRL' (Normal Controlled Loop), drift is
0.000000000 s/s

system poll interval is 16, last update was 5 sec ago.

SDCVWRT-5204-2#show ntp assoc

  address         ref clock       st   when   poll reach  delay  offset
disp

*~127.127.1.1     .LOCL.           7     11     16   377  0.000   0.000
0.227

 * sys.peer, # selected, + candidate, - outlyer, x falseticker, ~
configured

SDCVWRT-5204-2#

SDCVWRT-5204-2#show clock

18:41:59.298 EDT Mon Feb 1 2010