[cisco-voip] MOH Beeping

Kevin Dunn cheesevoice at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:53:17 EST 2010

Okay I have a TAC case open and I have tried changing configuration
settings, cables and hardware...

CUCM 7.0.2.2000-5
Fixed audio from XM radio (MOH-USB-AUDIO) card

when a caller is placed on hold and the speaker is activated there is an
audible (and quite annoying) beeping sound playing over the top of the audio
file.

It is not audible on the handset or headset.

If I sniff the phone port and capture the audio file I can hear it.

If I record the audio file with my laptop (plugging mic cord into lappy
instead of MOH-USB) there is no beeping.
In my mind that eliminates the XM radio and cables, I have changed out
cables though, just in case.

I changes out MOH-USB cards and that also did nothing to eliminate the
issue.

I have upgraded firmware on the phones and that wasn't it either.
With the Sample Audio file (which is JAZZY) there is no beeping regardless
of handset or speaker.

Any suggestions?