[cisco-voip] Internaltional Calls Failing at the Bell PRI - SOLVED

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Tue Feb 2 21:27:56 EST 2010

Just to finish off my own thread; after a lot of work, I was finally
able to get the international dialing working on our Cisco VOIP Gateway.

Specifically I implemented a new dial peer just for international
dailing which forces the dialing plan and type to 'unknown' instead of
the cisco default which is 'international' (which doesn't work with
Bell).

Here are the relevant parts:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 // // type any unknown plan any unknown
!
voice translation-profile isdn_map
translate called 1
!
dial-peer voice 25 pots
translation-profile outgoing isdn_map
destination-pattern 9011T
direct-inward-dial
port 0/3/0:23
prefix 011
!

---
As a side note I have no idea why it wouldn't work when my rule said:

rule 1/^9/ //

But anyhow, the above is now working.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions.

--
John Lange
http://www.johnlange.ca