[cisco-voip] Bandwidth Requirements between CUCM Cluster and distributed Unity Connection

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:15:00 EST 2010

Keith,

> Thank you for your comments.  The reason for Unity Connection being located
> on a remote site is because the gateway is also located on the same site and

that's intelligent placement of your unity server.

> the bandwidth between the sites is limited.  I did see a comment once
> stating we should treat each voicemail port as a phone and allow the
> appropriate QOS across the WAN.

...Correct, this should be your primary concern. The only other thing
I'd be concerned about is, in the event that you have Connection
forwarding any messages to your user's mailboxes, where is the mail
server located? if you aren't doing that then it won't be an issue.

-Peter