[cisco-voip] Ringback instead of busy/disconnect

Cheng, Karen Karen.Cheng at racq.com.au
Mon Feb 8 16:46:15 EST 2010

Have you tried using progress-ind on the pots dialpeers?

For example:

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 progress_ind setup enable 3
 progress_ind progress enable 8
 progress_ind connect enable 8

Or you could try the disc_pi_off under the voice-port.

Example:

voice-port 0/0/0:15
disc_pi_off

The disc_pi_off command enables the h323 gateway to disconnect a call when it receives a disconnect message with a progress indicator value (PI).

Hopefully that might help.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe try the following command:

voice class h323 1
 h225 timeout tcp establish 3

You will need to apply that to your voip dial-peers that point to your call managers.

dial-peer voice 2 voip
 voice-class  h323 1

This step is necessary because by default, the H.225 timer that controls redirection to a less preferred dial peer on a "no-response" failure is longer than the ten second timer of the Q.931 Call Proceeding timer. When a call comes in to an H.323 gateway through an ISDN trunk and gets forwarded to an inoperative Cisco CallManager, the router waits for forty seconds before it attempts to use a dial peer with a lower preference, or before it clears the call. By the time this occurs, the ISDN Q.931 that signals on the H.323 gateway has already sent an ISDN Q.931 CALL DISCONNECT to the ISDN switch. The router provides an ISDN clearing code of 0x8066-"recovery on timer expiry."
It is not possible for the H.323 gateway to reset the Call Proceeding timer because it attempts to use a different dial-peer. Therefore, the H.323 gateway must switch peers and complete the call with the help of the secondary Cisco CallManager server within the ten seconds allowed by the Q.931 (Incoming Call Proceeding) timer.
When the H.225 timer is set to three seconds, the router attempts a connection to the primary Cisco CallManager server. If it does not receive a response in three seconds, it falls back to the secondary Cisco CallManager server.

Karen Cheng
Voice Network Engineer
<http://www.racq.com.au>