[cisco-voip] Transcoding/Conferencing on the same ISDN Gateway

Matthew Saskin msaskin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 16:37:41 EST 2010

I regularly see single gateways handle all functions (PSTN termination,
conferencing, transcoding) for sites of all sizes.  I know of nothing
[design-wise] preventing you from doing this.  In fact, I can think of some
very large installations I've seen that were done by advanced services where
3845's were being used to terminate 10-12 PRI's plus handle a few hundred
transcoding sessions.

Matthew Saskin
msaskin at gmail.com
203-253-9571

July 18, 2010 - 1500m swim (in the hudson), 40k bike, 10k run
Please support the Leukemia & Lyphoma Society
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nyctri10/msaskin