[cisco-voip] Transcoding/Conferencing on the same ISDN Gateway

Rhodium rhodium_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 16:53:24 EST 2010

Hi Matthew,

Appreciate the feedback. I am just concerned that as this is for a call centre, when the number of calls per second (CPS) increases, the number of simultaneous calls decreases... so I can see a deployment with 1 to 3 CPS working with the setup you have described but with something close to around 15 CPS, then according to the SRND, that is a maximum of 255 calls (for a 3845). As we are decking out the ISDN router with 210 channels, then that only leaves headroom for 45 calls not including CPU overhead of SCCP, which led to my mistaken recollection of transcoders and ISDN GWs when it was transcoders and CUBEs.

I guess based on the setup I described, the more I think about it, the more I am inclined to make it "off box". Am I over riding financial judgement with caution too much?

Regards,