[cisco-voip] UCCx 7 Data migration tool error - unable to update jtapi user due to UCM 7 error

Bill Talley btalley at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:24:58 EST 2010

Hi all,

Notes from my TAC case, 613630257.  Has anyone seen anything like this
before?  I didn't
get any hits on google, the bug toolkit, netpro, or CiscoTACCC.

Running data migration tool (DMT) on new UCCx 7x server.  Have not run any
initial setup on
the UCCx 7 server.  DMT backup was completed successfully on UCCx 4
system and tar file verified using DMT.  All hostnames and IP address
remain the same.

Restore process is successful to the step of 'Migrating the CRS Users'
when the following error occurs: "unable to update the user 'jtapi_1' in
the CUCM end user table.  Please rename the UserID to 'jtapi_140user'
and re-run the Data Migration tool again."

I am unable rename the jtapi_1 user in the UCM 7 database due to the error
'Update failed. The specified name has invalid characters or is not
formatted correctly for this device type'.  I'm also unable to delete the
user
account, as this results in same error.

UCM version is 7.1.3.30000-1 (this was a DMA restore from the UCM 4 server
the UCCx 4 server was integrated with)
UCCx version is base 7.0(1)Build168
Data Migration tool version is 1.0Build167

All services are running on the UCM 7 server.

Same server upgrade so I can't rename the JTAPI user in UCCx4 prior to
running DMT.