[cisco-voip] Transcoding/Conferencing on the same ISDN Gateway

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 01:28:29 EST 2010

These are from general numbers I've looked at in terms of CUBE
scalability.  It's not as drastic as 50%, and by that I mean more like
35-40%.  What really kills the CPU is the PPS that go directly to the
CPU because the RTP packets are targeted to a directly connected IP
address. It's the exact same reason why you get 10-15% more usage out
of vad on, because there is a linearly scaled number fewer packets
with that feature on.

-nick