[cisco-voip] Transcoding/Conferencing on the same ISDN Gateway

Rhodium rhodium_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 01:40:54 EST 2010

Thanks for replying. You are either up early or up late... :)

> What really kills the CPU is the PPS that go
> directly to the
> CPU because the RTP packets are targeted to a directly
> connected IP
> address.

Isn't that true for a normal call in flow-through mode because it has to terminate and re-initiate calls from a local interface and hence everything will end up process switched anyway. So essentially, for arguement's sake lets say that a CUBE supports 400 simultaneous sessions disregarding the CPS for now, and we have 200 sessions for MTP configured, then it would stand to reason that realistically, we can only support a maximum of 200 channels and not even that as there is the processing overhead of SCCP as the 200 sessions of MTP would count as logical RTP channels.

Also something came to mind, if a particular CUBE or ISDN GW supports 400 sessions, then in the case of the CUBE would 400 sessions be for incoming call legs or 200 incoming, and 200 outgoing and the same fo an ISDN GW?

Regards,

Not quite sure I understand the difference between a call that terminates on a CUBE for example,