[cisco-voip] Dial plans

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Fri Feb 12 18:06:52 EST 2010

You really need to look at your DNs/DIDs and map it out carefully. That
said my generic advice is put 10 digit DNs (or E164 if intl) everywhere,
then setup 5-digit local translation patterns.  This allows Unity
UM/UCCX to work across multiple sites.  The larger you are the more
important it is to plan carefully before deployment and seek
professional help to discuss the pros/cons and lab test to avoid
interdigit timeout/potential matches exist problems.

Search Cisco.com for Deploying Variable-Length On-Net Dial Plans with
Flat Addressing
http://www-uk.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/devmobil.h
tml#wp1043929