[cisco-voip] Dial plans

Walt Moody moody at arizona.edu
Fri Feb 12 16:59:43 EST 2010

Bill,

How about 7 digit dialing internally and 7 digit, 10 digit, 1+, and
011+ dialing "outside?"

We switched to NANP-style dialing more than 15 years ago and it has
really simplified our phone translations.  One unanticipated benefit
is that our users now know their whole phone number rather than just
the last 5 digits.  That really helps when you have 40,000+ DID numbers
in five area codes.

-walt