[cisco-voip] Remote router fax - CME

Brian Schultz bms314 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 23:04:13 EST 2010

At the HQ, there is a CME 2811 router running 3.3.  I have a remote site
with an 881 router running 12.4(20)T4.  There is a site-to-site VPN between
the sites and an IP Phone hanging off of the 881 with a DID from HQ which
works fine.  I've configured a fax machine off of an FXS port on the 881.
>From the local FXO, I can plar to the FXS port for the fax and that works
great.

My issue is that I'm trying to assign a DID from the HQ site and send that
across the VPN to ring the fax.  First, I'm not sure that this is even
supported as I've been unable to find any documentation on CCO.  At the HQ
router, I have DID 8518 which I am expanding to 2551 and have a voip
dial-peer to send extension 2551 across the VPN.  When I debug dialpeer
number, I see it correctly matching the dial-peer.  However, the call just
goes to a fast busy and I never see the call hit the remote 881.  Has any
tried to do something similar to this and got it working?  Everything is
working on the VPN and I have verified voice subnet to voice subnet
traffic.

**HQ**

num-exp 8518 2551
!