[cisco-voip] Remote router fax - CME

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 00:07:46 EST 2010

This isn't even a fax problem at all.  Until you can replace the fax
machine with a phone and make voice calls, don't even worry about
faxing.

If the question is if you can place a phone over the VPN with CME the
answer is absolutely, yes.

For VPN issues like this it is usually either a number translation
issue or a VPN/firewall ACL matching on the right subnets/ports issue.
 H323 is tcp 1720, SIP is UDP 5060, SCCP is TCP 2000 (all defaults).
CME version is pretty old, but shouldn't be a problem.

-nick